Love all the uber organized pantry inspiration going around? Us, too. Organizing your pantry isn't as tough as you think it is and no matter what size or shape your pantry is, we've got good news. You, too can have the pantry of your dreams with these 17 pantry organizers.
HOW TO ORGANIZE A PANTRY:
1. Assess your space and needs: Measure shelf length, depth and the space in between shelves for height. Include the space from the last shelf to the floor for a walk-in pantry. You may want to add a cart or drawers for more storage or create a home for bottled water and pet food.
2. Remove & re-group: Remove everything from your pantry, and we mean everything. Toss expired items, sort and group like items together.
3. Make a plan and a shopping list: Using your favorite pantry inspiration as a guide, decide on the products you like best and remember that like colors, finishes and same style baskets, bins, containers, turntables and canisters will give you the neatest look.
4. Reduce: Transfer cereals from boxes and store in airtight containers. Did we mention they will last longer? Glass jars, canisters, lidded candy and cookie jars make a great look and are perfect for storing wrapped treats, granola bars, pastas, grains and dry foods.
5. Get started: Organize by food type and create "zones" so that you'll be able to find what you need during food prep or when you're packing lunches in a hurry. Create a zone for spices, baking items, canned goods, pastas, grains, salty snacks, kids treats, juice packs and whatever is important in your family. Next, designate containers for each category and get started. You'll get the hang of how to arrange things once you begin and keep in mind we have multiple changes until we get it right, too. We highly recommend a snack station kids can reach.
6. Label, label, label. If you're anything like us, this is the fun part we've all been waiting for. Labels are the finishing touch and the ticket for you and your family to maintain a neat pantry. And, if #diyorganizing is your jam, check out The Creativity Exchange for free printable, hand written labels for organizing the whole pantry and/or a baking cabinet.
-xx/deb + allie